I had the honor of speaking at SharePoint Saturday St. Louis (in fact, I’m writing this from the speaker’s room). It was a great event!
I presented Getting the Most out of SharePoint Patterns and Practices (PnP). You can find the slides below.
Our goal was to introduce everyone to what’s in PnP (and to get them to use it), teach them how to stay up to date, and to encourage participation (even just documentation updates or submitting bugs).
There were some people that had never even heard of PnP and others that were using at least some portion. Everyone was really engaged and we had a lot of great discussion. I love showing off all the cool stuff in PnP and watching people be really amazed about the tools and resources they didn’t even know were available to them.
I also presented Understanding SharePoint Framework Extensions. These slides are also below.
Tons of excitement for SPFx Extensions, although it’s clear that the story of when and where to use these isn’t well known. There were lots of great questions and I even found a way to sneak in a demo of Column Formatter (whoops?).
SPS St. Louis was a really great event and the organizers should be very pleased with how well everything came together. Thanks to all the sponsors, organizers, speakers, and attendees! See you next year!
- PnP Slides: Getting the Most out of SP PnP – SPSSTL18
- SPFx Extensions Slides: Understanding SPFx Extensions – SPSSTL18
- Column Formatter: SP-Dev-Solutions
- SPFx Extension Samples: SP-Dev-Fx-Extensions
- SharePoint PnP: aka.ms/sppnp
- SharePoint PnP Videos: aka.ms/sppnp-videos
- Documentation: aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Twitter: @OfficeDevPnP
- Tech Community: aka.ms/sppnp-community