This past weekend I was pleased to speak at SharePoint Saturday Charlotte. It was an awesome time and is one of the best SPS events out there. I had a great time presenting both Getting Started with the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) and Office 365 List Formatting (Slides can be found below).
Both sessions were full of people asking great questions and actively participating. Presenting at these events can be a lot of work and requires not just the travel and the weekend time, but often many many hours of prep. Unfortunately, not every event feels worth it, but the attendees at SPS Charlotte were genuinely interested and engaged and I felt like I was able to both teach and encourage them to do awesome stuff.
Having spoken to several attendees (of not just my sessions) the overall sentiment was very positive. I wasn’t the only one amazed that these SharePoint Saturdays are FREE. The quality of speakers, sponsors, and attendees all put together by fantastic organizers is super impressive. If you missed it this year, be sure to correct that mistake next August!
P.S. – Charlotte has public electric scooters that are super cheap to ride. I rode all over downtown after the event and even went 4 miles on one the next day on my way to the airport. Even if you don’t use SharePoint, you gotta get to Charlotte just to feel the wind in your hair, the jealous stares of the walking pedestrians, and the unbridled feeling of freedom while traveling at 8 mph on a lime green scooter.
- SPFx Slides: Getting Started with SPFx – SPSCLT18
- SPFx Demo Web Part Code: MySpecialWebpart
- List Formatting Slides: O365 List Formatting – SPSCLT18
- SharePoint PnP: aka.ms/sppnp
- PnP SPFx Web Part Samples: github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts
- PnP SPFx Extension Samples: github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-extensions
- PnP List Formatting Samples: github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-list-formatting